Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dad's iPhone App


Most of you know I am working on an iPhone app. It is related to Maine and I have a really great feeling that you will see my iPhone app advertised in an Apple app commercial or on the back of the Sunday NY Times. This isn't pie in the sky optimism but a gut feeling on how cool I believe this app to be.
I work on it in my spare time (ha!), getting help from an amazing designer (Jessica Keteyian) and an amazing researcher (Lee Heffner). Oh... the initial idea came from my husband (Dan Cosby). He managed to dream up something that isn't actually one of the 160,000 apps already.
But while I have put my app on the back burner for paying client work my dad, with the help of a talented young Italian programmer has submitted his app to Apple and been accepted. It is called textStream. It is a "cute" app that allows you put a stream of text across your screen, playing with color, speed, flash, etc. The exercise for dad was to get something submitted and accepted, not to write the best app in the world. He submitted the app on Monday and it was up and available on iTunes on Wednesday. For you iPhone or iPod users please go download textStream. It is free. Try it out.
Between this movement on the app front for my dad, and a recent chat at the Maine Women's Network that received a lot of interest and encouragement in the app, I have a renewed interest and sense of "urgency" to get my app up. Look for updates here. I do have a deadline of 3/31. That is 20 days away. Not sure I will make it, but I sure am going to try.

1 comment:

  1. I got it, it's cute. I especially like to make my own color... But wait till they see yours! We can rock this thing!! xo

    ReplyDelete